We are currently working on putting together our panels. Check back for new panels, new guests, and updates on panel times.
One True Pairings, Shipping, and the Romance Genre
- Bestselling novelist Gwenda Bond
- Podcaster and long-time Lois Lane fan Maya Kesh
- GeekMom co-founder Corrina Lawson.
Shipping is part of the fabric of fandom communities. We all have an OTP, like Lois and Clark or Diana and Steve. But there's also an entire fictional genre devoted to shipping, romance, that contains heroes and relationships similar to the pairings that fandom loves. Join us for a walk through romance in comics and how that relates to the feminist genre of romance.
Women in Games: From Designing to Playing and Nurturing the Next Generation
The Bechdel Test and Fandom
Working in Audiodrama
Wonder Woman Conquers the World!
- Tracey Michienzi, Co-Founder and Co-Organizer of ELS Game Day
- Savannah Camacho, Co-Founder and Co-Organizer of ELS Game Day
- Emily Care Boss, Independent Game Designer/ Publisher, Black and Green Games
- Adri Kliger, Co-Organizer of Women in Games, Boston
- Meg Stivison, game designer for Small Monsters Games
Have you ever looked around just to notice that you are the only woman in your game group? Ever feel like you don't belong in the hobby? Trust us, you aren't alone. The number of women who admit to gaming as a hobby are rising, and we are going to talk about it. Our esteemed panelists will discuss women's roles in the gaming industry, equality in gaming, and how to create a positive gaming environment to set a good example to women gamers of the future.
- Janet Gershen-Siege, freelance science fiction author and blogger for Adventures in Career Changing
- D.R Perry, writer of Paranormal Humor, Alternate History, and LARP.
There just aren't a lot of female heroes out there, still. And the ones who are out there often have no one to talk to other than men. What does it mean when films, books, and television programs fail the Bechdel Test in 2017? Is there a more systemic problem? How can it be fixed? What can indies do? How about consumers?
- Lisa McQuilkin: Actor. "A.S.H.le" from Hadron Gospel Hour
- Tanja Milojevic: Actor/Producer
- Simone De Boudoir: Actor
Audio drama podcasts are on the rise. No longer relegated to a small number of dedicated listeners, Audio dramas are finding their way to car radios, living rooms, and live stages. We invited several local voice actors and creators to discuss the process, rewards, and unique challenges of audio-only entertainment.
This summer, Diana of Themyscira conquered the world is an unstoppable blockbuster movie that out shined all her DC predecessors! Join our panelists as the delve into the comics history that inspired the film. We'll talk favorite stories, characters, creative teams and show our love for all things Wonder Woman.